Never satisfied with good enough, ILD® has been at the forefront of integrity leak detection technology and solutions since our inception in 2001. Here are some of the milestones we’ve reached along the way. Dedicated to continual innovation, we look forward to many more to come.
Leading the industry with innovation-yesterday, today and tomorrow.
- Created the standard and protocol for the EFVM® test.
- Began rigorous compatibility benchmarking to confirm suitable membranes. Testing continues to this day.
- Introduced the EFVM® test to the North American roofing market.
- Demonstrated the superior EFVM® results on a plaza deck that had previously passed a flood test
- Leading waterproofing membrane manufacturer accepted the EFVM® test as an acceptable alternative to the standard flood test requirement
- Leading single ply membrane manufacturer accepted the EFVM® test method and results to provide extended membrane warranty
- Introduced the permanent installation of the Vector-9 conductor wire on roofing and waterproofing projects to allow for future testing and monitoring of the membrane
- Developed EFVM® accessories enhancing the EFVM® test
- Introduced a conductive medium on wood deck structures to allow testing for non-conductive structural decks
- Completed testing 1,000,000 square feet of membrane installations
- Leading roofing membrane manufacturers retained ILD®’s EFVM® technique as a trouble shooting tool on existing roof systems
- Completed testing 2,500,000 square feet of membrane since introducing the EFVM® test to North America
- EFVM® test utilized on Canada’s largest green roof project to date: The Ottawa War Museum (170,000 square feet)
- Completed testing of membrane installations reached 4,000,000 square feet.
- Completed testing of membrane installations reached 6,000,000 square feet.
- Introduced a conductive medium on a conventional insulated roof systems to enhance the EFVM® test on a large green roof project in order to eliminate the flood test requirement
- International Leak Detection’s European associates applied for world patent on a conductive medium system ProtectSys®
- Along with a large roofing manufacturing company, developed and participated in a test market program across select North American cities to demonstrate the benefits of EFVM®.
- Tested in excess of 10,000,000 square feet of membrane since introducing the EFVM® test to the North American market
- International Leak Detection and its world wide associates surpassed 100,000,000 square feet of membrane testing worldwide
- EFVM® utilized on Canada’s largest vegetated roofing system, the Vancouver Convention Centre (280,000 square feet), as a quality control test.
- ILD® Brazil opened to the local market.
- ILD® New Zealand and ILD® Australia opened to the local waterproofing and vegetated roofing market.
- 9/11 Memorial Plaza project started (220,000 square feet).
- Tested in excess of 18 million square feet of membrane by the end of the year.
- ILD® moves its U.S. office to Des Plaines, Illinois.
- ILD® India opened.
- Mumbai Airport (1 million square feet).
- Victoria Desalination Plant, largest vegetated roof in Australia (500,000 square feet).
- Tested in excess of 26 million square feet of membrane.
- North American patent approved on the conductive mediums for electronic testing for membranes over non-conductive substrates
- ILD®Quebec established
- EFVM® and VMG utilized on the Javits Center in New York City (650,000 square feet).
- North America: In excess of 35 million square feet of membrane tested by the end of the year.
- Worldwide: In excess of 150 million square feet of membrane tested by the end of the year.
- Introduction of the second generation PROTECTSYS WM 2400 System.
- ILD® Dubai established, providing EFVM® testing in the Corporation of the Arab States of the Gulf (GCC).